Pinscape Expansion Boards
The expansion boards are designed to make it easier to connect the Kl25z adding additional outputs. They are separated into 3 different boards:
The Mainboard covers all inputs, different plunger solution inputs, and some outputs. It includes:
- 24 dedicated button inputs
- Plunger sensor connector and calibration button
- 16 low-power PWM capable outputs usually used for Flipper Button RGB LEDs or other LEDs.
- 16 mid-power PWM capable outputs usually used for Flasher LEDs.
- A dedicated Knocker output with hardware timer protection which prevents the coil from burning as it cuts off the power after 2 seconds.
- A Strobe output, not necessarily dedicated but labeled as such.
- Two options for TV power up signal: TV ON relay and IR LEDs (remote control)
Features 32 high-power PWM capable outputs, with up to 4-5A continuous load per channel. Recommended for power hungry toys such as shaker motor, gear motor, (non-addressable) LED strips, and larger contactors. Not recommended for solenoids You can limit each output to cut off after a certain time, but these timers are all software based and in case of a failiure the coils can burn.
Specially designed for time-critical applications where the used parts could overheat. Real pinball coils, such as flipper coils, knocker, chimes and such overheat after a certain amount of continuous activation. With the standard assembly instructions each of the 8 outputs cuts off after ~2 seconds of continuous activation. The built-in timer protection avoids overheating to a certain level.
Attention: If there's a fault in a table script the coils could nevertheless overheat if the trigger is activated over and over again. Always use fuses on outputs, especially on such critical ones.
- MJR's Documentation: MJR's Website
- Assembled Pinscape Expansion Board Sets and other Pinscape parts: